trigaholic

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

trigaholic

Postby ted » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Last Saturday I was walking along a roadside verge looking for a Surface Block.
All quite ordinary except that there was never one placed there; nothing in the
OS records to suggest otherwise. It just seemed like a good idea to check anyway.

Is there no hope? :|

Ted
ted

Re: trigaholic

Postby agentmancuso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:50 pm

I do that with benchmarks all the time; hours of staring vacantly at random bits of wall.
agentmancuso

Postby MAC.HAWK » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Of course there's hope! You can either carry on carrying on or seek counselling and/or remedial therapy.

The former is far more fun and the latter will greatly reduce your time to continue doing the former so you have no choice but to carry on carrying on, simple!

If it makes you feel less isolated you need to know that 'you are not alone', I also cannot pass a bolt, rivet, stud or some sort of mark on a pavement, grassy verge, wall etc without wondering if the OS have left one of their indelible marks.
MAC.HAWK

Postby clochandighter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 am

This takes me back to the days before the websites. I had no idea where to expect to find levelling flush brackets (NPFB). I got into the habit of looking at all prominent buildings and bridges for them. My NPFB bags had made it into 3-figures before all the levelling line information became available.

However, at times others in my company had become aware I was seemingly looking at everything, often without knowing what I was actually seeking.

With trig pillars, my addiction to them now goes back over thirth years. It was the flush bracket number groups in my local hills that started me off. When these FB number all went into the public domain, I thought I would no longer need to venture out to the trigs. Wrong, I am still visiting and revisiting our concrete friends when time and weather permit. :-)

GRP.
clochandighter

Postby alansmeaton » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:43 pm

If you want to bring a spade you can dig over my back garden looking for buried blocks.
alansmeaton

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum