Last visited

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Last visited

Postby alansmeaton » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi, I visited Drumbow reservoir today, less than 20 mins from major towns. My log is the first for 6 years for a pillar so near to civilisation. I was wondering which pillar has had the longest time without a visit? (Mainland only and not on military land or inaccessible behind a fence etc.) Had a look but couldn't find how to do this on trig tools.
alansmeaton

Re: Last visited

Postby clochandighter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 am

Oh yes, I remember this well. The last visits may well have been six years ago but three of us turned up at once - in three cars! The road to the resr and beyond is public but the natives were very hostile. A wee tight knit community where they're probably all related by both blood and marriage.

As for the pillar, S3613 has seen better days, and the OS have long since written it off.

GRP.
clochandighter

Postby alansmeaton » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:56 pm

The sort of place where the family trees are straight lines!

Definitely detected a touch of 'Deliverance' hereabouts....
alansmeaton

Postby Aqueously90 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Now there's an idea... I'm assuming Graeme has a way of working this out, but I might need to have a bash in Trig Tools as well.

Drumbow is on my list as well, so I'll need to brave the locals at some point soon-ish!

EDIT: Just noticed Achadh (TP0776) which was last visited in 2010 by... Graeme! Might head up that direction on Sunday depending on the weather.
Aqueously90

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum