Dr Who

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Dr Who

Postby alansmeaton » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi
Get on to the Dr Who website right now or catch it on TV if you're lucky. Trig point heavily featured - someone will enlighten us as to which one.
Get to it people.
Cootking
alansmeaton

Re: Dr Who

Postby et212 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi!

Dr Who fan here. Only created this account to let you know that I think I've found the trig point in question (thanks to the database on TrigpointingUK :) )
TP1844 - Caerphilly Common
I saw the trailer and was immediately really curious what location this was. Took me an hour to figure out it was a trig point I was looking at... And then because it's Dr Who, I took a guess and looked at ones close to Cardiff.
From what I can see on the pictures posted here http://trigpointing.uk/trigs/view-album.php?t=1844, I'm pretty sure this is the one. The hills in the background and the area around the trig point seem to match. Only the hooks on top of the trig point are missing in the trailer (perhaps edited out somehow).

Best wishes!
et212

Postby Painterman61 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Hello there et212 look like you have found it never knew they did the filming around the cardiff area well spotted.
David
Painterman61

Postby alansmeaton » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi et212 (and anyone else - is everyone out bagging?)

This seems to be the one (background hills match up), had a good idea it would be around Cardiff (ahh memories as I used to live there - great place) but there are a lot of trigs. Thanks anyway.

Roll on the next series of Dr Who - what's the big fuss about a female doctor? They're not human so the male/female thing doesn't apply.

Happy trigging
Cootking
alansmeaton

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum