Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Re: Trigpointing objectives for the forthcoming year?

Postby asbown » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Well done on getting to the 1000 Alex, I seem to make plans and then do something completely different, think many do the same, that said the plan this year is 365 extant pillars, I'm sure I can average 1 a day, hopefully finish Gwent and mid Glamorgan when in Wales and Cambridgeshire and Shropshire when in England.
asbown

Postby BasilDowl » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:31 am

Having now thoroughly caught the bug, my two main aims for 2020 are to get to the east coast and visit as many as possible - Skirlington's near-demise should be a bit of a warning - and then I think I'm going to try and finish all the West Yorkshire pillars. No mean feat, but there aren't many that are realistically impossible, so fingers crossed for that.
BasilDowl

Postby agentmancuso » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:10 pm

agentmancuso wrote:I... I do intend to make serious inroads into my remaining Southern Upland pillars this year, as a byproduct of clearing up Yeamans.

Er, well, same again then :lol:
agentmancuso

Postby trigging on an island » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:00 pm

2019 was a middling to good year for me as far trig points go. In reflection I'm contentedly satisfied with my progress. Main trip was up to Shetland and I returned very happy now only having outstanding pillars left on the few main islands serviced by regular ferries.

Also was in charge of organising the annual Spring Triggers weekend down in Devon. Didn't particularly get a great many trigs visited myself over these days (only 5) but the whole event really was a great success and it was v.satisfying to see everyone having an excellent time of it.

If anything, 2019 was somewhat more memorable in myself starting to progress my interest in FBMs onto another level of bagger-mindedness.

Big hopes for 2020 involve continued pursuit of island pillars, with a spring visit to Islay lined up already in that regard. Otherwise, it's just gonna be part of the long term objective to keep on putting those fresh dots onto the map. No particular plan to complete or focus on any one county or Landranger sheets.

Still keeping enthusiastic as ever anyway.

Enjoy it all guys!!

8-)
trigging on an island

Postby Aqueously90 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:29 pm

After logging a grand total of 0 trigs of any description last year, I really get to get my finger out this year and get cracking with the NS trigs. I did end up going to 71 games of football though, so made some good progress towards my goal of visiting the stadiums of all 98 Scottish FA members.
Aqueously90

Previous

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum