adoption certificate

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

adoption certificate

Postby Marko » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi,

After reading a blog article concerning trig point adoption I was wondering if you could help me.
I have discovered that the ordinance survey trig point adoption scheme has long since finished but individuals can still unofficially adopt neglected trig pillars where access in not an issue.
I have one in mind close to our home and would like either a copy of, or some idea of the style of, the original adoption certificate, in order to mock one up for my wife 50th birthday, can anyone help help?

Regards

Marko
Marko

Re: adoption certificate

Postby peregrinus » Thu May 07, 2015 12:41 pm

No idea but have mentioned on the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2484316888/
peregrinus

Re: adoption certificate

Postby Meryx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:12 pm

I have just seen your post asking about the Ordnance Survey Trig Pillar Adoption Scheme. I adopted a trig pillar under the scheme in 1994, and have been inspecting it annually ever since, giving it coat of white gloss paint when needed. Each year I send in a report card to OS, but this year I thought I would check to see if I could do it on line. I found this forum, and this at OS blogs https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog/2 ... illar-art/
from Gemma
Hi Tim

We did used to run a trig pillar adoption and maintenance scheme, but this scheme finished some time ago. However we do allow, with the landowner’s permission, members of the public to keep a watching brief over pillars and report to us their condition. If they require maintenance, again with the landowner’s permission, it can be carried out, although members of the public must approach the farmer or landowner and get their approval.

If you spot anything and want to report it, email customerservices@ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Thanks, Gemma

24 June, 2013 at 12:49

So I wonder where my cards have been going recently. Anyhow, you asked about the Adoption Certificate, so here is mine (if I can attach to this forum). Apparently not .... I could make a link to it on flickr if you are keen.

I think in informal 'Adopt a Trig Point' would be a great scheme to be run form this site, but please note that PP310 is already spoken for.
Meryx

Re: adoption certificate - uploading image files

Postby MAC.HAWK » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm

You can upload jpg images but you are limited to a file size of 256kb. Just post a New Topic or edit a Reply you've already posted and select the Upload Attachment tab at the bottom left of the screen.
MAC.HAWK

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum