Android app

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Re: Android app

Postby EmmieBean » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi. Having just found this page i thought the app would be great but I can't download it at all :cry:
My ten & eight year olds are just getting into bagging! May Hill was today's Trig :D
EmmieBean

Postby andyt8 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi,
I just tried clicking on the Q code on the home page and got a "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server." back from GooglePlay website.

Andy
andyt8

Postby Aqueously90 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Been some issues recently, seems like the app has been removed from the Google Play store. I think this direct link to the APK file will work, but you may need to do some jiggery-pokery with your phone to get it to install an 'untrusted' app (ie. not from the Play store).

https://storage.googleapis.com/google-c ... K_v1.0.apk
Aqueously90

Postby jedmac » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 am

I was having problems with the app so I uninstalled it, but when I went to Google play to reinstall it it was not there. The barcode link on the website does not work either. Any advice. I tried contacting the owner but there was problems with the gotcha
jedmac

Postby Aqueously90 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Per Ian's comments on the Facebook group the other day:

This is getting frustrating! Google banned the app for allegedly uploading users' installed package information without a prominent disclosure. Problem is that, no, it doesn't do that! Somewhat ironic that a company which has made $BNs from systematically spying on entire populations is lecturing me on privacy issues, especially based on a false positive. I can no more stop spying on T:UK users than I can stop beating my wife! Getting past the level 1 support droids to someone who can either advise me on what I can do to avoid this false positive, or ideally to whitelist my app, has so far proven impossible. Are lawsuits the only customer interactions they actually pay someone to read?!

As a workaround in the meantime, I have uploaded the application package to github (where the source code is located for all to see... and check for spying!). It's available at https://github.com/TrigpointingUK/trigpointinguk/blob/master/APKs/TrigpointingUK_v1.0.apk. Please can someone who's been having difficulties give it a go and report any issues (other than the unavoidable need to permit the installation of a non Play Store app). Asusming there are none, I'll add a link to the T:UK homepage.

Hope that helps!
Aqueously90

Postby jedmac » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks, the link worked. I've now got access to it again.
One suggestion is to make possible "downloaders" aware that they will receive warning messages about dangers of downloading file.
Thanks again, pleased to have it back.
jedmac

Postby PazaUK » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 pm

PREFERENCES FIX
I have an Honor 10 which I believe has the same UI as Huawei phones. I managed to find out how to get into tge preferences - by turning on the traditional Android nav buttons.
Settings / System / System Navigation
Turn on the Virtual Navigation Bar
Now in the Trig App, the rightmost "three dots" icon will bring up the Preferences menu
Job's a good un!
PazaUK

Previous

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum