General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Re: 10000

Postby stignest » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:07 pm

Im of the mind that pillars are effectively the star players of our squad of trigpoints. I too generally go for pillars though when I am out in the hills theres been occasion when something else has cropped up which is in many ways more
interesting. I dont really get why concrete rings are used but love finding them. My favourite curio though is the Curry stool I located up Bink Moss.
I guess theres plenty of variety for everyone.
stignest

Postby MAC.HAWK » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Well I'd agree that the Chattri Monument wood be a good example of an Intersected Station worth visiting, I do have two of three in my list (Stoodley Pike, Wainman's Pinnacle, Oliver's Mount) but these are all monuments on the top of a hill which you generally need to make an effort (on foot) to get to. I tried the church towers, weather vanes, flagpoles etc but was bored senseless with urban trudgery and whilst I initially entered them into my log I soon deleted the entries. I appreciate it might be just me but I like to have to make an effort to 'tig my trig'. A good example is the pillar on Snaefell, something I've visited countless times but 'tigging the trig' from the summit or even Bungalow using the Mountain Railway always seemed a bit of a 'cheat' to me, so on more than one occasion I've walked up from the beach to the summit and felt far happier for that.
MAC.HAWK

Postby peregrinus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Passive stations are a nice 'post pillars' challenge. They've been on TPUK from the start, are a bit of a challenge to find and the logs of others are a great help. Must admit I do tick off a fair few intersected stations, which are often interesting architecturally. Non-passive blocks are a challenge - I rarely find them unless someone has found and described them already. No shortage of things to do, anyway :)
peregrinus

Previous

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum