the riddox, weobley

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

the riddox, weobley

Postby lottiebunn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm

We have a trig point on our farm near Weobley which my husband moved a few years back to the side of the road to give convenient access for the appreciation of the enthusiasts. Its interesting to read the comments from some Trigpointers, some of whom have been quite rude! :o :o
A couple of things come to mind...please be careful what you write as in this case it is a family home and some comments were a bit offensive and also yes we do have loud dogs (who do at times sound a bit mental) but they are there to warn us of people coming onto the property with bad intentions. Unfortunately dogs don't differentiate between thieves and triggers. :lol: :lol:
Now a question. We note our greening trigpoint was marked out of 10...sometimes 2 sometimes 5 but never any higher. As a matter of pride it has now been refreshed with a coat of gleaming white paint and since then no-one has been to see! How do we get our Trig up the trig scale? :roll: It is after all rather splendid and enjoys one of the best views in the county?
You are all welcome to come and see it, you may certainly pause on our yard and take photos should you so wish but please be kind to it...it has had a new lease of life. Tim and Lottie Stephens
lottiebunn

Re: the riddox, weobley

Postby pritch227 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi lottiebunn,its so refreshing to read your comments on your trig pillar!many farmers are supportive of "triggers" and ive yet to meet any who'd wished i wasnt there,no doubt you'll see a few more visitors in the next few months who will raise their scoring of the pillar.looking at past photos the low scoring would be due to problematic access,overgrowth around the pillar and views etc,also the uprooting would have lowered the score as its not in its original location.its just great that you havent destroyed it and moved it to a position that can be enjoyed by all,i will hope to visit it one day!!
pritch227

Postby lottiebunn » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Pritch...you will be most welcome! Its not far from the original position but I understand the scoring now. In all fairness we only moved it when the ordinance survey chap said we could and its almost tempting to move it back except the dogs get more mental the closer you get to the house which would make too inaccessible. Now it has an amazing view of Hay bluff (on a clear day) so hopefully its rating will go up! Cheers
lottiebunn

Postby Aqueously90 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Link to the Riddox trig is http://trigpointing.uk/trig/6416 for anyone else who has been reading through this thread :)

Not sure I'll ever be down that way but if so, I'll keep this one in mind.
Aqueously90

Postby MAC.HAWK » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:21 pm

I'd agree with pritch227 in that it's fabulous that the pillar, rather than be destroyed, has been re-sited somewhere that is accessible. Our thanks should go to the landowners for that. As for scoring it's also correct to say that there are various reasons why scores are high or low. Mostly condition of pillar, it's siting within the landscape and the view(s) from the pillar itself (the incumbent weather on the day of visit will affect this too). For me the sympathetic re-siting wouldn't necessarily be a detrimental factor in scoring, in fact a previous entry for TP6488 I actually score it higher because it's been sympathetically re-sited.
MAC.HAWK

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum