TPUK search box not working?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

TPUK search box not working?

Postby peregrinus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:07 am

The "one box search" at the top of the TPUK page hasn't been working for some time, not for me anyway. Used to be able to search by trig name and FB number as well as by TPUK trig number and grid ref. Now, can search via the box for gridref of TPUK trig number; it's possible via Trigtools Advanced search to search by name, but not at all by FB number I think.

Is it just me or is there something amiss?
peregrinus

Re: TPUK search box not working?

Postby clochandighter » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 am

The FB number of the trig pillar is most important as this is a physical identifier out in the field.

As for the search box, this seemed to stop working properly a few months ago. However, I discovered that if you search for a pillar by FB number, if you key in the number WITHOUT the lead 'S', the search still works.

Meanwhile, another way of finding a trig by its correct FB number is with this spreadsheet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqeljflbqjevw9l/Pillars15.xls?dl=0
Hope this helps,

Graeme
clochandighter

Re: TPUK search box not working?

Postby peregrinus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:15 am

clochandighter wrote:As for the search box, this seemed to stop working properly a few months ago. However, I discovered that if you search for a pillar by FB number, if you key in the number WITHOUT the lead 'S', the search still works.

Thanks GRP! Interestingly it used to find the FB no and also the TP no, searching with the S prefix. Now it does the same, without the S prefix; also searches the Station no field, which is a bonus I guess.

It would be good to have the name search ability restored to the search box though to save having to navigate to Advanced search, which can be fiddly if working by smartphone or on limited bandwidth.
peregrinus

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum