Ant1974 - I call you out sir!

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Re: Ant1974 - I call you out sir!

Postby earby rambler » Sat May 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi Ant1974
Banbury to Powys 122 miles a 2 hour + drive via fastest route M40,you also had time to stop & visit all the places you say you have done today in the time scale given must be some motorcycle.
Kind Regards
Earby Rambler
earby rambler

Postby Aqueously90 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:55 pm

I gave up counting at 60 today - if I'm out trigging I like to check the website a few times to see if anyone's in the vicinity. Every time I checked the website today there were 20 more, spamming the recent logs page.

I agree that everyone should be free to use the database in their own way, but it's not in the spirit of the game to chuck in dozens of logs that have no information, no photos, the default rating of '5', etc. Especially when you'd require a Delorean or some sort of magical device to visit them, assuming the times and dates of your logs are correct.

Bad enough when certain people (cough cough Rob W, Chris O cough cough :lol: ) fill the site up with logs of long destroyed intersected stations, but at least they're actually providing valid info.
Aqueously90

Postby bwm » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 pm

I would have thought the solution to the issue of "spam" logs is quite simple. Currently, each registered user can select their search preference for what trigpoints are shown (mine, for instance is "Pillars"). I wouldn't have thought it that difficult to use these preferences when displaying the log over the past 4 days. That way, everybody should be happy :-)

Regards,

Barry
bwm

Previous

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum