MOBILE PHONE APP

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

MOBILE PHONE APP

Postby Robert Kemp » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi
I am having difficulty in loading the Trigpointing UK App. on my mobile phone. Can you advise whether the App. is still available?

Thankl you.

Robert
Robert Kemp

Re: MOBILE PHONE APP

Postby Cathy Trickett » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 pm

The app has gone from google play. I managed to transfer the app from another android device but I can’t locate preferences using the left button as I have on other devices so I am unable to log trigs. Unable to contact support as the capcha or whatever it’s called is broken. I don’t think anyone is maintaining the App anymore
Cathy Trickett

Postby jamesa60 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm

I still have the app on my phone, so have managed to extract an APK (Android equivalent of an exe file) file from it.

This can be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=10zHWi ... k5zMqVoa0i

Instructions to install this can be found with a Google search.

As far as I am aware this file is completely safe (I downloaded this from my own phone). However, as with anything on the internet, use at your own risk.
jamesa60

Postby Aqueously90 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Sorry for the late reply - according to Ian (the app developer), Google have pulled it from the Play Store because they've decided it doesn't comply with certain requirements.
Ian has uploaded a working copy of the .apk (the Android application file) to Github, and it's available from the below link. If you visit the link on your phone, it should then prompt you to allow the download.

https://github.com/TrigpointingUK/trigp ... K_v1.0.apk

This is the 'official' version from Ian, and will probably be the one maintained going forward, at least until he and Google can sort things out.
Aqueously90

Postby shadoks » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi, Just got an Android phone to make use of the Trigpointing App. Disappointed that its no longer available. Tried the web address to get the file on my phone, but cant see anywhere to download it? Go I need a github account whatever that is?
shadoks

Postby griefmiester » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi

I just clicked on the link in the previous post, then clicked find file, then click on "trigpointinguk/APKs/TrigpointingUK_v1.0.apk" then click on download file

See if that works

Duncan
griefmiester

Postby shadoks » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Brilliant! Thanks so much, that works a treat! (It was the main reason I went Android from iphone for many years)
shadoks

Postby shadoks » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:16 am

Hi, I have another question about the App, I have downloaded it to my phone ok, and managed to find the hidden preferences menu, but, when I select the map button, a map appears with API Key Required and if I select a trigpoint on the map, on the trigpoint details, if I select map again, there is a very low res map that doesn't show the trig location. Am I doing something wrong or can I somehow import OS maps (I pay for the OS App) or maybe import map.me?
Sorry to be a pain, there has obviously been a lot of work gone into producing this App of which I am very grateful!!
shadoks

Postby shadoks » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:02 am

Downloaded App again and noticed there was another file apk? so tried that and now main map is fine. Just the ones on the individual trig page that are not great
shadoks

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum