App

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

App

Postby Cathy Trickett » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:09 pm

What has happened to this App?
Does anyone know what is happening with this app and why it’s no longer on playstore ?
How do we contact admin as the link is broken? Anyone ?
Thanks
Cathy Trickett

Re: App

Postby sheepsocks » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:27 pm

I also tried to download it from Google Play Store, but it's vanished. The version already installed on another phone still seems to work fine though.
sheepsocks

Postby FrankR » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:06 am

Right, bear with me on this, I can't offer an answer but a possible solution. I renewed my phone and lost it and similarly couldn't find it anywhere.
Luckily my wife had it on hers. On any app store you can get a free app that allows you to copy APK. (Just search for Copy ApK on there). Put this on the phone with the trigpointing app and they can get the APK file for that app, which they can then send to you (bluetooth, text attachment or whatever). Once you get this, click it and the trigpointing app will install on your phone.
It sounds fiddly but is actually very easy (and I'm a technical numpty).
Only downside is that you need to know someone with the app on their phone.
Hope this is of some help.
Frank
FrankR

Postby jamesa60 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm

I still have the app on my phone, so have managed to extract an APK (Android equivalent of an exe file) file from it.

This can be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=10zHWi ... k5zMqVoa0i

Instructions to install this can be found with a Google search.

As far as I am aware this file is completely safe (I downloaded this from my own phone). However, as with anything on the internet, use at your own risk.
jamesa60

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum