Ever met anyone?

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Ever met anyone?

Postby Cootking » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm

There's a consistent 200 to 300 loggers every month. Ever meet a fellow bagger? There's all these regular names, who is he or she, maybe I'll be able to put faces to a few one day.
Cootking

Re: Ever met anyone?

Postby Aqueously90 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Yep, met CJO randomly at Hill Field (http://trigpointing.uk/trig/3855) in 2015. Couple of close calls, where myself at least one other were trigging in the same area on the same day, and met up with folk a few times (thejackrustles' 100th near Muir of Ord, and the trigger's meet in Comrie when Rob bagged his final pillar).
Aqueously90

Postby MAC.HAWK » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:06 am

I've never met another 'Trigger' on my travels, I thought at one point I must bump into John Riley or The Sykes Family as they seemed to 'trig' around my area as often as I did but alas, it was not to be.

Mind you on, on a lot of my trig point visits I've be the sole person there.

On the very popular ones e.g. Pen y Ghent/Mam Tor/Nine Standards Rigg/ Rombald's Moor etc it's never seemed appropriate to ask of the many people there, 'anyone here like me Trigpointing?'

Perhaps if we carried a badge - a sew/iron on or pin on type - a simple design with a pillar & TPUK somewhere around it - just a thought.
MAC.HAWK

Postby eon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Apart from one pre-arranged meet up, I've met no-one whilst out and about. Missed some folk by an hour or so at a couple of trigs, though.
eon

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum