Meeting up with other triggers

General discussion about trigpoints, the TrigpointingUK website etc

Meeting up with other triggers

Postby FrankR » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Evening all, was just wondering how many people meet up with others to go on some trig ticking ventures?
I'd certainly be happy to meet up with others when free to share life etc and bag some trigs. Just wondering what the scope for this was?
FrankR

Re: Meeting up with other triggers

Postby MAC.HAWK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 pm

I don't know about meeting up with triggers on an organised basis but I've always been a little disappointed that I've never met a kindred spirit on my travels.

I've often thought that an 'I'm a Trig Tigger' badge would be a great thing to wear on your T-Shirt, coat, cap, bag etc.
MAC.HAWK

Postby FrankR » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:49 am

Yeah, I just thought it would be a nice kind of thing to be able to meet up with others who were looking for a day out ticking off trigs, with similar aims. I don't know how many triggers there are out there but based in how few I've seen by trigs I'm guessing that the chances of meeting someone in your area to go tick them would be quite small anyway.
Still, I just thought I'd ask, as I for one would be happy to join up with others who are looking to get trigs ticked off.
FrankR

Postby agentmancuso » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:31 pm

There is a sizeable gathering at least once a year in the Spring, usually based around a Youth Hostel or similar; I've never been myself, but have seen it advertised & reported on the FB page.
agentmancuso

Postby FrankR » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Thanks, I'll look out for that. I always thought it would be nice to meet up with others in order to share lifts / info, and get some pillars knocked off followed by a pint.
FrankR

Return to TrigpointingUK Forum